Monday, May 11, 2009

Startup

Good morning everyone! At least it is monday morning still here in Minnesota. I am starting this blog to help generate conversation on the process of integrating green living into our lives. I know for me it has been a challenge.

To start with what is green living? Green living is in a sense the choices we make. These choices help us as individuals reduce our carbon footprint that we leave on the world. Choices such as cleaning products, the way we cook, the flooring products we use, the car we drive, the electricity consumption etc. I didn't get them all covered but wanted to put out a few examples.

I currently have changed over all of my lightbulbs to the new energy efficient flourescent bulbs this has saved me over $30 a month in my electric bill. However after just 3 months I have yet to recoup my cost of the light bulbs. For years I have been using green cleaning solutions to keep my house clean with dogs this is important to me. Vinegar and water are great solutions in a very natural form.

Please comment on this blog on some of the steps your taking to help out our environment.

Thanks and have a great day! Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment